Saturday, October 9, 2010

butterflies

Tomorrow's the day. Gulp. I get nervous about things very easily. Today I have butterflies. But I know everything will be okay, and I'll do just fine. But there's still these butterflies. Big ones.

We had to give a testimony this past Wednesday. I wasn't there to give mine but it was given. See my last post #4. I'm not good with words, I want to be but I'm just not. But I want to leave you a verse from God's word. I had this verse in my testimony and it has brought me comfort lately.

Ephesians 2:8

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God"

There's nothing we can do to earn salvation. Saying good things, doing good things, going to church are all good things to do, but they won't get you to heaven. Salvation is a gift, it's free, all you have to do is accept it.

Romans 10:9

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Thinking of you tomorrow!

What a great example for your boys! Always neat when kids can see their parents take a public stand for what they believe in. Hopefully it's not too embarassing to be with the "wet family".