Monday, January 19, 2009
I'm getting so frustrated.
That's my vent for the day!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
I don't like honey dill sauce. This one time, we were having supper at Applebee's in Winnipeg with some friends. I ordered chicken fingers and french fries (surprise surprise). The waitress asked me what kind of sauce I would like and since they didn't have anything that interested me, I declined any. I like eating them plain anyway, or with gravy. So she continued to inform me that they had some pretty awesome honey dill sauce, and even though I knew I didn't like it, I accepted.
My order came with the honey dill sauce on the side. But the problem was that it had tipped over just enough to spill onto some of my fries. I discovered that I do not like honey dill sauce on my french fries either. True story.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
2. I've been married to my husband Jeff for 8 years 4 1/2 months
3. We only dated 2 1/2 months before we were engaged, and 9 months before we were married. And no, there was no baby, despite what people probably thought. I just love him.
4. I love coupons
5. I have 2 brothers
6. I have 3 sisters
7. I am the youngest
8. When I was young, I jumped off my dads scaffolding, caught my foot and landed face first on the cement pad in front of our garage. Got 2 black eyes.
9. My favorite thing for breakfast is toast, I know, very exciting
10. My favorite movie is "Robin Hood Men in Tights" and I own 2 copies
11. I don't like to give out my age over the internet because I'm afraid of identity theft
12. I had braces when I was a kid. Very cute when you're already the overweight kid in your class, and now have braces. Nope, didn't get teased at all! (can you sense the sarcasm?)
13. My first car was a 92' Plymouth Sundance. We retired it this past summer when we finally got a truck. We've attempted to replace it before, but it always found it's way back to us.
14. Got $100 for the old car at a scrap yard. It won't be finding it's way back now.
15. My favorite thing to wear to bed is a pair of pj pants and my husbands very old t-shirt. I think it may be from when he was in high school, or not long after. He gave it to me the last time I was pregnant. Probably knew he wasn't getting it back anyway.
16. I wear the colors black and burgundy a lot. This was pointed out to me just recently.
17. I believe that we were created.
18. I do not believe that the earth is millions of years old.
19. I never did finish cleaning out my garden last year. There are still cucumbers in it.
20. I will not be planting a garden this year. Unless it's a grass garden.
21. I am the most indecisive person I know, just ask my husband.
22. I think that I will one day get cancer.
23. I have green eyes.
24. I will never tell you how much I weigh, and I hate it that they weigh me at pre-natal appointments. Is it really necessary?
25. I weigh myself almost everyday.
26. I love cake
27. I have 6 nieces, 6 nephews, 1 great niece and 2 great nephews!
28. I love going to the movies
29. I have never gone to college or university. I have taken some insurance courses though. Did pretty good.
30. I have never been pulled over by the cops. Although, now that I've said it....
31. I went to a Garth Brooks concert once. It was a dream of mine (back then, I've since had other dreams, bigger dreams)
32. I would go to another Garth Brooks concert.
33. When I walk on my treadmill, I listen to Celine Dion.
34. I love God. (This should have been listed as number 1)
35. I can play the piano. Not well, but I can play.
36. I have been to England and Scotland, Tampa Bay and Disney World! (there are other places too, but those are the furthest away)
37. I use Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner, the blue one that smells like coconut. (not the 2-in-1)
38. I love things that smell like coconut. Makes me feel all tropical or something.
39. I used to buy the cheapest shampoo I could find. Then Tiffany changed my mind. Not necessarily on the brand, just on the cheap part.
39. My right foot is smaller than my left foot.
40. My left calf is bigger than my right calf. There are medical reasons for these things.
41. I'm afraid to die. There, I said it.
42. I've been driving a mini van for the past 4 years. Never thought I would be driving a van until well into my 30's.
42. I hope my van will last for a few more years. I hate car payments.
43. I have brown hair.
44. My ears are pierced but I very rarely wear earrings.
45. I used to have a second hole in each ear, but since I rarely wear earrings, they grew shut.
46. One of my favorite songs is "Shameless" by Garth Brooks.
47. The next house I buy is going to be self-cleaning. They make ovens that way, why can't they make houses that way?
48. I miss my grandma
49. I wish I could make buns.
50. Before I go to bed, I have to make sure the toaster is unplugged and the stove is off. Even if I didn't use the stove or the toaster that day. I also check on my boys about 3 times each, to make sure they're okay. I think I'm a little nuts.
51. I'm good at Wheel of Fortune.
52. I like to play Yahtzee with my parents. I always lose, but it's fun anyway.
53. I love hymns
54. I have no pets. Not anymore.
55. I don't want to travel to any country where I don't speak their language.
56. I have all my wisdom teeth.
57. I haven't mowed the grass in 9 or 10 years.
58. My excuse is that I can't start the mower.
59. I really can't. At least the last time I tried, oh about 3 1/2 years ago.
60. That's why I have a husband.
61. I'm kidding.
62. I don't shovel either.
63. I got stuck in Tiffany's driveway the other day.
64. I watch Days of our Lives, The Biggest Loser, Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice
65. I don't read much. I'm working on this. Not right now though, I'm typing.
66. I don't play sports and I love my treadmill.
67. I believe that my treadmill may kill me one day. Maybe today.
68. I love Coke. The drink not the drug
69. Pepsi is not the same, although I will drink it if desperate
70. I don't like honey-dill sauce
71. My middle name is Patricia, after my mom
72. Most people call me Ange
73. I will never wear a bikini
74. I'm not a very good swimmer. I failed maroon in swimming lessons twice, then I quit. Stupid front crawl anyway.
75. I'd rather bake than cook. (Tif, you and I should live together)
76. There are two places I want to travel to. Hawaii is one, the other is Las Vegas.
77. I don't gamble. (except for the 2 times I played Bingo, payday pool, the occasional draw, and the lottery ticket I bought with Heather, we won $10 and then went for ice-cream)
78. I told my husband that he has to take me to Las Vegas for our 10 year anniversary. I would settle for Hawaii.
79. I've never smoked anything in my life.
80. I probably have some nice healthy lungs.
81. I worked at Wal-Mart for 3 days.
82. I also had a job at Chicken Chef once, stayed for 1/2 an hour and then quit. Never actually did any work there.
83. I'm not lazy. Well, not always.
84. If I would have been a boy, my name would have been Geoffrey. Coincidence that I married a Jeffrey?
85. My sister once told me that the only reason they had me was in case someone in my family needed an organ.
86. My least favorite chore is cleaning the bathroom.
87. I vote for laundry over vacumming.
88. I am for the death-penalty.
89. I moved to Portage with Lyla when I was 18. Had no job, but moved anyway.
90. I think the deck on the front of my house was a waste of money.
91. I'm good at math.
92. I worry a lot.
93. I told my sister just before I turned 18 that if any of them needed an organ, they'd better hurry up. Now they're all mine.
94. I love my family. (and I mean mine and my husband's family)
95. I love my friends.
96. My favorite pet was Maggie. (miniature poodle)
97. I'm afraid of heights
98. I love roller coasters.
99. I am so thankful to be a wife and mother. I love all my boys so much. I have the best job ever.
100. I love getting hugs from my boys.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
I just want to apologize. I don't want it to sound like I think people don't care. I know people care. I have a lot of really amazing people in my life. I was just having a bad day and that's what came out. But you are all so important to me and I hope you know that.
And thanks for caring. It means so much to me.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
I have a good life. I have a husband who loves me and the best little boys ever. But it gets lonely. I'm home all day with my children and somedays I don't talk to anyone but them. I don't always know where I fit in. People are busy and sometimes I feel forgotten about. I need to make my way out in this world. Meet people, talk to people, but I have no idea how.
Don't get me wrong, I love being able to stay at home with my boys. I made that choice and I don't regret it, not for a second. I believe it's exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. It's just not always easy.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
- I would like to read more, especially my Bible. I had thought of doing one of those "read the Bible in 1 year" schedules but I already missed yesterday. But I know it is so important so I'll do my best. I also need to pray more. Again, so important and I need to take the time. It's so easy to get caught up in life, and I need to make reading my Bible, prayer and my relationship with God a priority.
- I know we're not supposed to say lose weight, so I won't. However, I do want to eat better and keep up the exercising and just set a good example for my kids to follow. I want them to grow up and be healthy and active and I need to set that example for them.
- This ties in with the above two points. I want to be a better teacher for my children. I don't know how else to say it. I want them to grow up and know God, I want them to do their best in everything, they don't have to be the best at everything, just do their best. I want them to be polite, respectful, honest, hard working, stand up for what they believe in. I am their mother, I spend the most time with them, I am who they look to and I need to be doing my best. I'm not saying I'm a lousy mother/teacher now, I just know I can do better.
- I want to be more thankful. I'm working on this. Each day I want to focus on all the blessings in my life and to just pause and be thankful, see the joy in life.
- I want to be a better friend. I hope all my friends know that I am here for them if and when they need me. I'm not always the best at keeping in touch as you could probably tell from my lack of blogging lately. Friends are so important and I want my friends to know that they're important to me.
There's probably more things, but this is what I can think of right now.
I pray that everyone will have a wonderful year ahead. That you will all stay healthy and safe and trust in God in everything.
So, again, Happy Birthday Jeff. I love you lots!