You can never be too dressed up for Zoodles!
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
This boy turned 7 years old today!
Happy Birthday Jamin!
We love you so much and are so proud of you!
And you will always be my baby, even though you say it hurts your feelings when I say that. Someday you'll know what I'm talking about. Love you lots kiddo, you're my favorite (kid named) Jamin!
Monday, October 3, 2011
Yesterday at lunch we were having some leftover cake. Aaron of course only ate the icing. I think that's typical of a lot of kids. It's my favorite part too. I was saying that maybe we would just make him icing for his birthday. This is what he said:
"mom, for my birthday I want a cake with no bottom"
And then I laughed.
Saturday, October 1, 2011
So it turns out I enjoy reading. I used to read, a long time ago. It's not that I don't know how to read, I just find that watching the movie is faster.
Tiffany suggested a series of books. Said they were nice and fluffy and easy to read. We were at the literacy program at the library on Wednesday and she went and found the first book and forced me to sign it out. Okay, maybe she didn't force me. I took the book home and started reading. I read just over half the book that day. Thursday I finished the book. Even bought something nice and easy to make for supper so I wouldn't have to tear myself away from my book for too long. Friday I returned the book and signed out the next two in the series.
It must be my old age. That's all I can figure.
Problem with reading is that not much gets done when you're into a good book. Who wants to clean the bathroom anyway?
So if you don't read, I recommend it.
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Jamin wanted to watch Happy Feet last night. I had never seen it before and it's actually kind of cute. We didn't watch till the very end but what I saw of the ending is a little weird. Anyway, there's this scene where the mommy penguin comes back from fishing and she meets her baby penguin for the first time. She tells the little penguin that she has something for him, and she feeds her little guy by basically burping up whatever she ate and spitting it into his mouth (I know, I'm very technical with my terminology). Jamin asks me what she's doing and I explained it to him. His response was "I'm glad you don't do that".
Monday, August 8, 2011
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Aaron: Who's money is that? (there was some change on the counter)
Me: It's mine.
Aaron: When I look at money, I want it, and I'm lookin' at it.
Oh that boy makes me laugh sometimes. He loves money and he's always finding it. We spent a few days in Fargo in July, and while we were at Target I took the boys to the bathroom. All of a sudden Aaron is crawling on the bathroom floor (gross.... I know). I told him to get up off the floor, but he said he had found money. Sure enough, 75 cents later, he got up off the floor.
Monday, August 1, 2011
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Sunday, February 20, 2011
1. I have freakishly small wrists
2. I became a great auntie when I was 23
3. I would love a blizzard right now (from dairy queen, not another snowstorm)
4. I remember when I was a kid and going to Jackson's lake with my dad looking for turtles. I seriously thought I was going to come home with a pet turtle. We didn't find any.
5. I was going to put the turtle in the kiddie pool
6. I think fish are creepy
7. so are clowns
8. I love drinking out of my wine goblets. I don't drink wine, but love the glasses.
9. I love the shows Cake Boss, Auction Hunters and Auction Kings
10. Maybe we shouldn't have upgraded our TV package, don't tell Jeff I said that, he might change it back
11. I hate being tickled, it's against my rules.
12.I have a change jar
13. I'm afraid of heights
14. I want a Kitchen Aid mixer, they're so pretty
15. I wish I could be on the show "what not to wear"
16. I haven't had my hair cut since July
17. I may love Tupperware a little too much
18. I wish skinny jeans would go out of style, not because they look bad but because whenever I go shopping it's hard to find pants because they sell mostly skinny pants. Not gonna happen!
19. My favorite animals are hippos
20. I would love a walk in closet someday
Monday, February 14, 2011
I apologize now if it turns into a food list
1. I like to eat, it makes me happy
2. I want to be a neat freak, but do you know how hard it is keeping up to 3 boys?
3. We just upgraded our tv package
4. I love HGTV
5. We are going to Vegas in 6 weeks
6. I'm a little worried I'll gain 10 pounds that week
7. Since the beginning of the year, I've missed 4 days of exercising
8. I have 3 boys ages 6, 3 (almost 4) and 1 (almost 2)
9. I don't like to tell my age
10. But I'll tell you anyway, I'm going to be 30 this year
11. It's a little scary
12. I babysit a little boy who is almost 2
13. He has blonde hair, and a few people have asked me if he and Ethan are twins. They look nothing alike but I guess the blonde hair and the fact that they are the same age makes people think that.
14. In the past year and a half I've lost 19 pounds
15. I like to paint my toenails but not my fingernails
16.I do not like asparagus
17. I want to eat at The Cheesecake Factory when we go to Vegas.
18. I like Cheesecake
19. I watched Cupcake Wars lastnight and now I want to learn how to make fancy and oh so delicious cupcakes. Anybody got any great recipes?
20. I get a few grey hairs, and then I pull them out. But I'm afraid that I can only get the ones at the front and that maybe the back is full of them. That might look odd.
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Jamin lost his first tooth today! The adult tooth was already coming in behind the loose one so he shouldn't have a gap for long. The tooth is now under the pillow waiting for the "tooth fairy" to come and take it away and leave him some money. Hopefully the "tooth fairy" won't forget. :)
Something else exciting for us. No, not a baby. Last weekend Jeff and I booked our very first trip to Las Vegas! Super excited for that. We will be leaving at the end of March and I can't wait to go. This is for our 10 year anniversary that we celebrated this past August. Can't wait to see some shows and stay in a fancy hotel and take a tour bus to the Grand Canyon!
That's it for tonight.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Jamin came home from school today with a new Canteen lunch menu. I'm thinking that I want to go to school so I can have lunch there. Some of the things on the menu are:
Chicken Parmesan with Butter Noodles $3
Baked Ham w/ cheesy mashed potatoes $3
Broccoli and cheddar soup $1 for small, $1.25 for large
Taco Salad $3
Steak & Pear Salad $3
Roast Pork, Chicken Salad, Egg Salad sandwiches $2.50
Clubhouse wrap, Taco wrap $2.50
Spinach salad with cheese & mushrooms $3
Mini Pizza $3
Perogies w/ sour cream $2.50
There are other things like fruit, cookies, muffins, pudding, veggies & dip, other soups and sandwiches. Anybody remember what was in our canteens when we were in school? I remember hotdog days and chips and bars, and nachos and cheese in high school. Oh, and one time in grade 2 we could order weiners and beans. I did not like them. I still do not like them. I think this is a big improvement. Not that I'm complaining about chips and chocolate and nachos and cheese. Don't get me wrong, I love all those things. But it's nice to see some more options and some healthier options.
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Sorry I've been absent from blogging for so long. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. It's been busy around here lately. I've missed blogging about so much. My son's 6th birthday in November and Christmas and all the gatherings and Christmas programs and then New Year's. Wow! Where has the time gone, it's 2011 already!
And of course it's resolution time. This year I only have 1. Well maybe 2 or 3. Last year my mom decided she was going to walk 1000 miles in 2010, and she did it! So I've decided that this year I am going to do the same. I've set up a ticker to track my progress. Hopefully that will keep me on track.
The second one would be to blog more. It's been over 2 months since my last post.
That's it. Nothing fancy, nothing unattainable. I'm hoping that along with 1000 miles I'll maybe drop a few pounds. I managed to lose some weight last year but I don't feel I'm finished so here's hoping!
Happy New Year everyone!