Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 1

Today is the first day that Jeff is back at work since we brought Ethan home, with the exception of 1 day he had to work last week. But it's the first day of back to work full time. I've been dreading this day, the day when I'm really put to the test. And how is it going so far? Let's just say I'm out of bed, that's a start. My night started out not too bad last night, but then 4:00am came along and a little baby did not want to go back to sleep. The thing with babies is they need diaper changes, a lot of them. So I start feeding Ethan, then we take a break so I can go change him. I usually wait a while before changing him because, as moms will understand, when you change them too soon you find you have to change them again. I changed him too soon, twice! And by that time he was wide awake. So, somewhere around 6:00am I think I fell asleep again, only to be awoken at 7:00am by Aaron. (he used to sleep until 8:00 or 8:30, not anymore)

Since then we've only had a few episodes of fighting and spills and bonked heads! I hope the rest of the day goes smoothly. Only 9 hours and 20 minutes until daddy gets home!

No comments: