It seems that it's resolution time again, and there was a challenge sent out for us to share. It's hard to share my resolutions, they're personal and if I fail, the world will see. But maybe by sharing, I will try harder to keep them, and if I fail, I can always pick myself up and start again. So, here goes...
- I would like to read more, especially my Bible. I had thought of doing one of those "read the Bible in 1 year" schedules but I already missed yesterday. But I know it is so important so I'll do my best. I also need to pray more. Again, so important and I need to take the time. It's so easy to get caught up in life, and I need to make reading my Bible, prayer and my relationship with God a priority.
- I know we're not supposed to say lose weight, so I won't. However, I do want to eat better and keep up the exercising and just set a good example for my kids to follow. I want them to grow up and be healthy and active and I need to set that example for them.
- This ties in with the above two points. I want to be a better teacher for my children. I don't know how else to say it. I want them to grow up and know God, I want them to do their best in everything, they don't have to be the best at everything, just do their best. I want them to be polite, respectful, honest, hard working, stand up for what they believe in. I am their mother, I spend the most time with them, I am who they look to and I need to be doing my best. I'm not saying I'm a lousy mother/teacher now, I just know I can do better.
- I want to be more thankful. I'm working on this. Each day I want to focus on all the blessings in my life and to just pause and be thankful, see the joy in life.
- I want to be a better friend. I hope all my friends know that I am here for them if and when they need me. I'm not always the best at keeping in touch as you could probably tell from my lack of blogging lately. Friends are so important and I want my friends to know that they're important to me.
There's probably more things, but this is what I can think of right now.
I pray that everyone will have a wonderful year ahead. That you will all stay healthy and safe and trust in God in everything.