Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Years Resolutions

I'm a few days late, but I figure since it's still the first week in January that it's okay. Here's my 2012 resolution list. I love lists!

1. Read at least 26 books this year. I haven't been much of a reader in years, but this year Tiffany got me reading a series of books that I couldn't put down, and since the end of September I've read 16 books and I'm working on 2 more right now. I'm really starting to love reading, so I think I should be able to accomplish this goal!

2. 1000 miles in a year, again. Last year I did really well at this one. I ended the year with 1651 miles of walking and running. This may sound strange, but this year I don't want to do quite so many. I need to start adding in some other types of exercise and pushing myself with some strength training. This will be the hard part.

3. Lose 10 pounds. I lost a total of 12 pounds last year, and I'm getting close to my goal, so to get there would feel so great.

4. Spend more time reading my Bible. A few years ago I started reading the Bible in a year, but when my youngest son was born I fell off the wagon. I've always wanted to go back and continue and finish what I started, so maybe this will be the year.

Well, that's it for now. I'm sure I'll think of more things I want to accomplish this year, but this is a start. Don't want to make it too unattainable.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: