Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of School!



Today was Jamin's first day of Nursery school! It was a happy/sad kind of day. I'm thrilled that he gets to go, and the school we put him in seems really wonderful. I just have a hard time letting my "baby" go. He's grown so incredibly fast. It feels like it was just yesterday that he was in fact a baby. But, as he likes to tell me, he's not a baby anymore.

And, it's not so much that nursery school makes me sad. I just know what comes next year. Kindergarten, then grade one, and so it goes from there. I don't get him all to myself anymore. So, as I am very happy that he is going to have lots of fun and play with and make new friends and learn so much, I just can't help but feel a little twinge of sadness. I'll be fine though. I am however, incredibly proud of this little man of ours. He's such a good kid and a great joy in our lives. We love you Jamin!





Jamin and his cousin Jordan! I'm also thrilled that the two of them get to experience Nursery School together. How great is that!

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can't believe you beat me! Okay, I do believe it. I've been talking on the phone, feeding babies, not cleaning my kitchen. A very busy hour and a half since nursery school ended!

Good picture though, cute kids - especially that little blonde kid. Whose is that anyway? lol

Sonya said...

Awww...first day of school. So cute.

Q&L said...

very cute! big kids!

Anonymous said...

Does that say "Ukrainian" nursery school????

Tiffany said...

Yep, Ukrainian nursery school. It's in the basement of the Ukrainian church, and it's a seriously highly recommended nursery school! They actually have to say grace in Ukrainian before eating, and learn a few Ukrainian words.

Tiffany said...

And no, neither Ange nor I or our husbands are Ukrainian, lol.

Anonymous said...

I am!

Tiffany said...

See you should have some kids, move to POrtage and enroll them in the Ukrainian nursery school!

Anonymous said...

I'll add it to my "to-do" list.