Sunday, August 10, 2008

Summer Travels

Where to start. The last couple of weeks have been busy for us. 2 weeks ago today, my husband and I ventured out to Florida to pick up our new truck. We had a good trip, but a tiring trip. In four days we drove over 2000 miles. Needless to say, we didn't have a whole lot of time for sight-seeing. Just whatever we could see from our truck. Here are some of the things we saw while we were away!



Dinosaur in the Chicago Airport



Gulf of Mexico



Some boats and water



Mountains, small ones



Nashville, Tennessee
I've always wanted to go to Nashville. I just wish we would have had more time so we could stop and see things. Oh well, next time.



A Bed and Breakfast. We did not stay here, I just thought it was pretty.



Let me explain. There was a sign that said "Mississippi River". I aimed my camera ready to take a picture, and this was what we saw. I was, as you could imagine, a little disappointed at it's size.



We drove a little further. This is the real Mississippi.

Not much more to see after this. It starts to look a lot like home. Some hills. But you all know what a hill looks like.

After we returned from Florida, we had to get ready and leave for Moose Jaw the very next day. So, we spent about 12 hours at home and off we went again. I'll leave the details of our Moose Jaw trip for the next post.

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Yay - finally some company in blogger land! I've been lonely! Looks like you covered a lot of ground over those days!

Q&L said...

wow Ange, now you can sing that old country song..."I've been everywhere..."...jokes

But now that it's in your head...lol

Q&L said...

p.s. the new look on your blog, looks good!

Tiffany said...

This blog is 3 days old. There is really no excuse for that. I'll have you know I blogged 3 times today already! Not because I'm avoiding laundry, or housework, or kids, or reading my book. Nope, because I feel a certain obligation to the blogging community. This obligation is to be felt by ALL!

Heather said...

I'll have to come over and see the rest of your pics sometime.